Sunday 19th May 2013 09:13 PM
Foreign dividends are generally subject to withholding tax and recent studies have shown that governments
retain over $300 billion in dividend withholding tax (DWT) every year. Most investors are unaware that foreign
withholding tax can be reclaimed in full or at least in part. If you've never filed a reclaim, the amount at stake
could be substantial.
Withholding tax reclaims arise because the rate permitted under the terms of double taxation treaties is less than the default rate applied by most foreign governments. In most cases the only way to obtain your legal entitlement is to file a reclaim. The calculator below allows you to calculate how much you may be due back if you received dividends from foreign shares. Just enter the country from which the dividend was paid, the country in which you reside and the gross amount of your dividend for an instant refund calculation. The taxback.com DWT service is suitable for both individual investors and financial service professionals.
1. Register online and complete a DWT pack
2. Lodge claims with relevant tax office(s)
3. Refund is paid to you.APPLY NOW
1. Register online and get a call back
2. Identify client requirements
3. Customise a service for clients
4. Refunds paid to either bank or portfolioAPPLY NOW